How to keep your epoxy floor beautiful.
We all know that epoxy floors are beautiful, durable and stain resistant. Another fact often goes unmentioned, epoxy floors are easy to clean and maintain. True is, it takes very little effort to keep your floor looking clean and attractive. Here are 10 tips Lifetime Epoxy Floors recommends:
1. Minor spills, automotive fluid leaks, and other common spills can be simply wiped up with a cloth or paper towel.
2. You can perform regular cleaning maintenance by going over your floor with a bristle broom or blue dust mop.
3. If you have a heavy soiled or stained area, you can use clean those areas with a mixture of ammonia and water.
4. You may remove rust stains by scrubbing with hot water. If this does not completely remove the stain, use light scrubbing with common kitchen scrub pads. Do not use abrasive cleaners because they will scratch the floors finish and lead to problems later. These abrasive cleaners would include Ajax and Comet.
6. You can also clean your floor by hosing it off with water using a water nozzle. You should sweep or squeegee the water off the surface.
7. It is not recommended that you use any citrus, vinegar or soap based cleaners. Soap based cleaners can destroy the surface shine and make the surface slippery when wet.
8. Place a pad under your motorcycle kickstand. You should also place a piece of plywood under jack stands when bearing or lifting heavy loads.
9. Place a computer mouse pad under a motorcycle kickstand to prevent damage to the coatings surface.
10. If you use a roller jack, make to that the floor is clean before rolling the jack. Dirt and debris can penetrate the floor surface if it is rolled over by a heavy load on metal rollers. This is not a problem with rubber tires, just wit metal rollers.
I hope these tips are helpful. Remember to call Lifetime Epoxy Floors for all of your residential, commercial, and industrial floor needs. Our floors are the best you can buy. Our quality, beauty, and durability comes from our 5-STEP PROCESS. We do floors right the first time! We provide free estimates and consultation. Call 1-800-214-4311 now.
Owner of Lifetime Epoxy Floors and Garage Shapeups, LLC of Boaz Alabama.
The author of this page is Nick Dixon, owner of Lifetime Epoxy Floors.
Our Family of Home Improvement Companies can be seen at the following websites:
GarageShapeups.com, HuntsvilleGarageShapeups.com, SlatwallSolutions.com, LifetimeEpoxyFloors.com, RubaSafe.com and PoolDeckRescue.com.